People mentioned in today's blog = Simon . Leah . Ralphie . Sophie .
So I'm the type of person who gets jealous VERY easily and is VERY easily influenced.
EG. I want to be a pro badminton player because of the olympics.
I want to learn hip hop dancing because of Rain.
I want to work in a big fancy hotel because of Korean dramas.
And the list goes on.
At this very moment, I want to get into photography and it's because of cool photo kids like Simon and Leah.
// LOL. I JUST RE-READ THIS AND IT LOOKS LIKE I SAID I WANT TO GET INTO PORNOGRAPHY LOLOL ... anywayyy ... //
Simon with his wicked fashion shots and endless supply of flawless Facebook display pictures.
Leah with her gritty and raw looking photographs and I remember her talking for weeks about lomography and it enticed me even though I didn't know what the heck she was talking about.
And then of course Ralphie and Sophie got their Nikon D60s.
I'm very jealous of you guys.
Jealous that I can't just go out and BUY an SLR camera just because I want to.
And jealous that you guys did ... but I didn't follow what I always wanted to do since I was tiny ...
Arty farty design stuff. (I was discouraged by my Asian parents who think being anything besides doctor is useless.)
And of course, photography is just another form of art isn't it!
I love when I see my completed drawing on a piece of paper and it's mine! I drew that. That's MY expression. That's my view. That's my original work on that piece of paper.
It can be imitated - but never duplicated.
Same with taking photos. It's all about how I capture what I see through my eyes and just putting it in a still so I can look at it again and it's like my pride and joy!
And it's not just a pretty picture - the way I see it will be totally different to another person.
Okay maybe I'm going just a bit overboard ... I dunno ...
This is cool. I found my dad's VERY OLD camera (He had it on his wedding day so I wasn't even born yet).
It's a Yashica Electro 35 FC [ Yes, that means nothing to me ].

(Photographs taken by someone's Yashica ...)Who knows ... maybe one day I will get a chance to properly take it up as a hobby.
3 comments:
i wanna try out your cam.
my old school slr needs to go on a diet.
DUDE! THAT CAMERA IS....SEXYY!!!! I want it ='[. I have a really really really bad obsession with cameras.. I want them all. hahaha! but you should go take it to a camera repair shop and see how much it'll cost to repair! :] hopefully it won't be much so u can get started hehe
IT LOOKS SO NICE!!!
My old camera is a Yashica (that box looking thing I have). They are awesome, you should take it to the guy with the camera shop near the high street in Swansea and see if he can fix it. I'm sure if he can't he'll know someone who can.
I feel your pain about not being able to just go out and buy an SLR though. I really do. Maybe we can both save up and go camera shopping together when we can actually afford them. (which might be in a long time)
Post a Comment