I know it can get annoying.
You tell your friends the stories once and it's enough.
They don't wanna hear over and over again about how much cheaper things are there, or how much you miss it, or whatever things you did and saw that they just can't relate to.
I do miss it so darn much though.
The usual things I did everyday.
The places I went to eat.
Where I went to chill.
The faces I saw everyday.
The excitement of meeting new people from possibly ANYWHERE in the world.
Although, I'm beginning to discover, that maybe, it's not exactly CHINA the country I've gotten attached to.
That's just silly. There are SO many amazing places in the world.
How can I, after visiting only 7 countries out of 195 in the world, think that I have at the age of 20, already done it all?
Am I gonna be like this everytime I visit somewhere new?
When I was younger, Hong Kong was the only overseas place I would go to - and I thought it was the best place on earth.
Then Australia was the next big one and I thought I was convinced that I wanted to live the rest of my graduated life there.
Then one year in China - of course I'm going to have SOME attachment to it.
But I think, I'm actually one of the people who say they love travelling - but I actually mean it.
I don't mean I like going on holidays - because .. who doesn't?
But I actually LOVE travelling and visiting ancient ruins, staying in a dirty youth hostel for $9 a night, haggling and getting ripped off, eating food that you just don't wanna ask what it's made out of, being easily impressed by everything because you're a silly foreigner, being thrown into a language and culture I don't understand and getting challenged to adapt.
I'm dead excited about America.
But for now, I still mourn for that part of me that's still left in China.
南京大学同学。我很想你们!!!




16 comments:
You're going to get attached to America, I know it.
oh my. New York will take your heart and soul teehee and I'm jeals, I haven't been to China or Korea yet =[
p.s. the photos are <3
your america trip is gonna be so diverse...big mid-westenr city, small southern town, and nyc.
you'll love your trip to the US ;)
@yx HIIII!!! I'm so excited about new unfamiliar readers :D:D:D
@garbo: OH EM GEE, you replied to me :O lol. i actually left you some comments on dailybooth haha. discovered your blogspot through steveninbay and elizabeth ;) i sound like a stalker don't i D:
@yx Ahh I wish you also had a blog so I could properly reply to you on your own page.
What's your username on Dailybooth?
@garbo
yeah sorry about that, my blog is long dead. i always end up abandoning them D:
my sn is citynotes. i feel bad though, i only created the account just so i can leave you comments =/
i seriously sound like a staler, LOL.
im a girl and i promise you i dont have any lesbian tendency!
i seriously sound like a staler, LOL.
im a girl and i promise you i dont have any lesbian tendency!
i seriously sound like a staler, LOL.
im a girl and i promise you i dont have any lesbian tendency!
CRAP. blogspot triple-posted my last post... SUPER SORRY. D:
CRAP. blogspot triple-posted my last post... SUPER SORRY. D:
CRAP. blogspot triple-posted my last post... SUPER SORRY. D:
@yx ahaha you're making my blog look so popular XD
Oh yes! I recognise the name citynotes! I definitely remember times when you commented.
I definitely wouldn't have been able to make the link between citynotes and yx.
@garbo
I don't know why this is happening D:
citynotes is one of my very few usernames. YX is actually the initials of my name.
my name is yelei btw :)
Post a Comment