LONG POST AHEAD - BEWARE!
So a lot of stuff has been happening with my internet life lately.
A lot of it has been becoming so real and almost like .. tangible for me that I don't think I can call some of you guys my 'iFriends' anymore. Or even refer this part of my life as my 'internet' life.
First of all, a little (yeah little is an understatement) drama has been happening to an iGirl friend of mine. I'm not gonna say any details because it's not my business to spread around.
This is someone I know through Ralph and I don't even know her that well.
Sure I know a few fun facts about her like her favourite animal, where she's from, her hobbies, what music she likes and I've spoken to her on many occasions but I'm not saying I'm close enough to one day be chosen as her bridesmaid or something.
But after hearing about her situation;
reading her posts;
seeing the changes of her moods/statuses;
watching the video of her just letting everything out,
I still found myself,
feeling SO gut wrenchingly upset and worried about her;
angry towards the person who hurt her,
in disbelief of all the time, money and effort put towards this person who hurt her,
and I just couldn't believe how much I was caring about this girl who I've never met before.
Yeah I could've just been aware of the situation and left it as that - it doesn't affect my life - but in a way it does.
I get MORE upset when people hurt my FRIENDS, even more than when they hurt me.
If someone throws abuse at me, I'll walk away with my pride slightly damaged but whatever.
If someone abuses my FRIENDS then I will get SO protective.
The friends I have met through the internet are not less valuable than the friends I met through school or church - so I don't like to label them as my internet friends anymore like as if they're only a 2D character on my laptop screen.
[ I care a lot about you Leah - I'm kinda sorry that I only realised it after this horrible ordeal had happen to you - you are gonna be a STRONG girl. But remember not to be too guarded - continue doing that 'trying to see the best in people' thing you do. ]
Stephen is gonna LAUGH AT ME more than he is gonna be touched by this but I don't care because THAT'S JUST HOW MUCH WO AI NI MUCHO AITE YOU SKEEZ?
I'm serious. I could almost feel tears when I read how you were so close to DYING in a car crash because of something so STUPID.
You're a HUUUGE chunk of my LIFE now, the laughs, the inside jokes.
I envy Elizabeth so much that she is your RGF.
Your personality is one in a asdfghjk-gillion.
You're a friend for life now Stephen - you have no idea how heartbroken I would be if one day like you described, if we were to just wait by our laptops on skype wondering .. "where's Stephen?" and we could be waiting forever.
Lastly, to END this MASSIVE post.
Ralphie.
Where do I start with this guy?
Guys - I love him.
I really do.
There's no way I can even describe how in love I am with him and
how the last 11 months I have known him have been just so amazing.
So I won't.
Do you seriously think I can just call him an 'iFriend' now?
I don't think so.
WOW - what an EMO and Jerry Springer mixed post.
I'm gonna read this again tomorrow probably and be thinking .. what the hell?!
GROSS.
It's rare to find me willing to share stuff like this.
Sorry again long post.
5 comments:
I want to the the 2D friend. Do you have AIM???
you make me feel mushy about my ifriends which makes me mushier about my offline friends :')
HURRY UP AND COME TO MELBOURNE SOMETIME SOON AYE
SO I CAN TEMPORARILY HAVE A BIG SISTERRR
xxxxxx
furril? FURRIL FURRIL? oh my goodness gracious
i dont even know what to dow ith ymself; im spazzing and cant even type corrsdctly cus im typing so fasdt. this is what happens when i feel all gushy inside and cant control the cheesiness.
WOW. literally 2 minutes later.
This entry is so touching. i love your analogy about us all being 2D characters to each other.. cus that's no not true and i dont know if people that aren't in our situation can grasp that.
Youre one of my true closest freinds, my RGF. oh the many times i wish you all existed in real life because you're so much more supportive than the kids here in 3D
Anyway, i loveloveLOVE you, and I feel so bad about that entry on c12ux. HAHA DONT DO THIS TO ME. WHY AM I TURNING INTO HALLE BERRY ACCEPTING AN OSCAR?
anyway, wohainee gumbo, rolf, sofi, siperahna, sihmoon, hairy, and all you others.
girl,
you don't need to be jealous of me.
words cannot fathom how many times a day he talks about you. so clearly, you must be his RGF too!
GARBO! WHAAAAT omg.. this post is seriously so sweet! i dunno why i only read this now!
wahh Garbo!! <3
"I get MORE upset when people hurt my FRIENDS, even more than when they hurt me." that's like me to! so anyone who messes with you better run and hide... or else. xD
but what i loved about this post more is all that mushy stuff about Ralph wahaha
GARPHIE FTW <3
Post a Comment