"No more child abuse in the world - Horray!!!"
Twitter and Facebook statuses like these that I saw last night seriously made me sick.
If you don't wanna pay respects to Michael, that's fine -
Whether some of these cold-hearted people will recognise it or not, the King of Pop, GLOBAL ICON, music LEGEND, a man, a human being, with real feelings has died.
The thing that has upset me I've noticed is very different to other people.
Most people are DISTRAUGHT by the loss of a music genius, legend and talent.
I am too.
But even more importantly, the thing that tears my heart to pieces, and has been since the Martin Bashir documentary (I guess that was when I really started developing a place in my heart for Michael, but NOT just as a performer)
The thing that upsets me most is that I really think Michael has never been truly happy in his life.
I mean c'mon, 5 years old he gets chucked into the limelight.
Never had a real childhood so he tries to make up for it now.
He claims to have been abused by his father.
2 failed marriages - one with Marie Presley, one with a nurse.
Constant rumours about his personal life.
Vitiligo skin disease.
Trials.
Tabloid after tabloid.
And even when he's performing, when none of that stuff should be visible, and he should just transform into this music sensation, I think it was still obvious that he wasn't happy.
I mean look at the songs he writes and sings.
'Leave Me Alone' - when people went insane over STUPID tabloids about a hyperbaric oxygen chamber, abusing Bubbles, plastic surgeries (which he claimed he only had 2 of - whether it's true or not, does it really matter now?)
'Heal The World' and 'Man In The Mirror' - he constantly saw the awful poverty and inequality in the world and wanted to change it - he gave SO much to charity - sometimes EVERYTHING HE EARNED FROM ONE TOUR.
'They Don't Care About Us' - pleading for the equality between black and white people.
Even 'Dirty Diana' my FAVOURITE - he writes this AMAZING SONG and all people can say is, "Was it about Diana Ross? Did you guys have an affair?" - Again looking for more gossip when it was just about a MADE-UP groupie called Diana.
Everything he did was followed by criticism.
The man NEVER got a day of rest.
It just disgusts me that people are still hating on this man, who entertained the world for decades and SO MANY generations and he never got anything back for it
But mindless people to this day are still discussing things like,
"How many times did he have his nose done?"
And I personally don't believe the child molestation stuff.
He lived in HELL all his life and the thing that saddens me so much is that the world won't even let him leave peacefully.
Well I for one ... am glad that he's finally resting in peace.
It's all over now Michael.
No more rumours.
No more trials.
Thank you for the music.
Thank you for giving so much .. even though you never got anything back.
4 comments:
The man devoted his life to entertaining people at the cost of a normal life and he genuinely cared about the problems of the world. He was the last Global Superstar and should be applauded for all he contributed culturally
kno wat garbo? After reading this, I feel a tad affected as well. When thinking about it, it's sad how he lived. Send this blog to the twitter ppl
Thanks for sharing Garbo, no need to feel sorry for MJ...the man is up there rocking it out with God. Heck, MJ is probably giving God on Moonwalk 101. :)
very good blog, congratulations
regard from Reus Catalonia Europe
thank you
Post a Comment