Saturday, 10 October 2009

Another loss.

Not exactly the most pleasant topic people want to read about.

But I gave my mum a phonecall to the UK today and she told me that my cousin Anna, who is in her 30s, was recently in a TERRIBLE car accident with her fiance Dan.
Anna was in critical condition and is now recovering from broken ribs, punctured lungs and a fractured pelvis.
Dan however didn't make it.

My cousin Anna was suppose to be getting married to Dan VERY soon.

I was SO shocked ...

I can't believe I'm seeing so much death ...

I went almost 18 years without ever experiencing death of somebody close to me and then suddenly BAM - there goes my brother.

Ever since then I've always had a fear about bad-news-phonecallls ... especially when my parents in particular answer the phone and have a confused or disbelief look on their face ...
I always imagine the worst like my dad answers and someone is telling him that my mum has died.
I have a huge fear of this because I remember that I had to make those phonecalls before in the past.

I freaked out one time when I couldn't reach Ralphie for hours on his mobile, through his friends and through his house phone.
Turns out he was just at the cinema watching a movie so he couldn't answer his phone.

My heart is SO broken for my cousin Anna.
Also, her and Dan are/were not christians.

I feel so little. What do you say? What can you do?
Seems like all my family and I can do is pray for her right now ...
But I need to remember that actually ... prayer is VERY powerful.
It's out of this world, how much comfort God can bring.
I hope this will open up Anna's eyes.

5 comments:

Sophie said...

rip :( hope you'll be alright garbs

Henry said...

Don't know what to say, but I'll pray for your cousin Anna

hahamysocks said...

Sorry for the loss Garbo. I hope you're doing okay.

I had the weirdest dream last night. I was driving and someone very close to me was also inside the car. It was a rainy day and I somehow my car flipped over and I managed to be okay but the person next to me died. It was so surreal.
Then I get online and read your blog and it's like woah, coincidence.

But yeah, I hope your family is okay.

♥ 珊珊 Kawaii Kuromi ♥ said...

R.I.P
I hope u and ur family inc. anna is okay.
Sorry for ur loss.
Our prayers are with them.
Shan x

RnB said...

I hope that your cousin is able to rehabilitate in a short time frame. If there are adjustments needed in her life, I hope that there's plenty of support around her.

It's sad to hear of the loss of her Fiance. Stay strong Garbo. It sucks when things happen and you're not there to lend your support but I agree with you. Keep her in your prayers. Prayer has a healing quality that's hard to explain.