Sunday, 13 September 2009

China In Bullet Points.

So summing up my almost 3 weeks in China in the most simplest and caveman like way ...


*Squatting toilets.

*Toilet paper is almost NEVER provided so you carry your own pocket tissues EVERYWHERE.

*You don't flush the toilet paper but you put it in the bin in your cubicle so it's just an OPEN bin with used toilet paper filled to the top with wee and crap. (And sorry to the weak stomach but also UNWRAPPED sanitary stuff in the ladies.)

*I bought 2 red eared terrapin turtles off the street off some old Chinese lady on my 2nd day for like £2.

*Bus, regardless of the length of journey, is 16p. 20p if you don't have a cool card.

*The roads here are crazy and make no sense and cyclists can basically do whatever they want.

*We have blueberry and green tea Pocky and you don't.

*Every Chinese girl wears ridiculously high high-heeled shoes.

*It's very difficult to find skin products like soap, moisturiser and foundation WITHOUT a bleaching/whitening agent.

*I buy my lunch off a guy who makes crepes on top of a hot barrel with what looks like a cement spade thing for 25p.

*And my breakfast is sometimes a steamed bun off a cart outside the university for 5p.

*It's true - Youtube and Facebook are blocked out here. (Of course being a computer junkie I got around it.)

*People still love Chairman Mao.

*Clothes here are very tacky and blingbling.

*I have mosquito bites everywhere.

*The weirdest thing I've eaten so far is pigs brain. (I'm still waiting to try dog.)

*And I've been recognised out here as MissYau from Youtube =) by Jazza who is actually in my Chinese class now ahaha!


Will type up a real post soon.
Things will go back to normal soon I'm sure seeing as I have normal internet again now.

But for now .. I have to sleep because I have 8am classes everyday lol.
Sounds rough right? But we finish at 12 in the afternoon which means we still get the WHOLE day to ourselves ;)



4 comments:

♥ 珊珊 Kawaii Kuromi ♥ said...

thanks for sharing your experience so far
beside all the thing about the toilet.. >< hope ur having fun lols.
I hope to be going one day too
Shan x

hahamysocks said...

We have the green tea pocky here in the states.
When my friend went over to Korea for a year, he said everyone was pale and took good care of their face that included face whitening stuff. I guess pale = beauty? :shurgs:

leah said...

lol WORD about the bleaching/whitening agents hahaha

i want some cement-made crepe! lol foreals! i miss street food xD
i dunno if this is weird but i actually wanna try turtle soup. haha!

anyywayy glad you're having fun (?) haha take care garbs :]]

Sophie said...

i'm soooo jealous! but then i remember how much i don't like china and i'm not so jealous anymore

LOL

the whitening stuff pisses me off :( I LIKE BEING BROWNN