Or, what's your guilty pleasure.
I think my version is better.
I ask my friends this question because;
1. I wanna know what their answer is (duh!)
2. Everybody needs to laugh at themselves sometimes. And it's a good way to see if that person is capable of doing so.
3. I usually have a good idea in my head of what I believe 'the geek' inside that person is but I ask to see if their answer is compatible with mine.
Number 3. is a good one because if you point out a geekiness in that person and they don't agree with you that it's geeky - they genuinely believe it's cool, and you watch them argue about it so passionately, it's really funny :P
E.G I could probably argue with Ralph all day about how collecting and building giant Gundam models and watching crappy flash movies on Newgrounds is NOT COOL.
And Stephen may never introduce me to his friends because I think that Naruto is the most exciting thing on earth.
I may never introduce Stephen to MY friends because he has Squirtle Squad on his back.
iuhno. You tell me.
What's the geek in you?
Is it pokemon?
Is it anime?
Warcraft?
Collecting stamps?
Being a tree hugger?
Knitting?
Being a Youtuber?
I believe everybody should be passionate about something.
Even if it's geeky :D

I think my version is better.
I ask my friends this question because;
1. I wanna know what their answer is (duh!)
2. Everybody needs to laugh at themselves sometimes. And it's a good way to see if that person is capable of doing so.
3. I usually have a good idea in my head of what I believe 'the geek' inside that person is but I ask to see if their answer is compatible with mine.
Number 3. is a good one because if you point out a geekiness in that person and they don't agree with you that it's geeky - they genuinely believe it's cool, and you watch them argue about it so passionately, it's really funny :P
E.G I could probably argue with Ralph all day about how collecting and building giant Gundam models and watching crappy flash movies on Newgrounds is NOT COOL.
And Stephen may never introduce me to his friends because I think that Naruto is the most exciting thing on earth.
I may never introduce Stephen to MY friends because he has Squirtle Squad on his back.
iuhno. You tell me.
What's the geek in you?
Is it pokemon?
Is it anime?
Warcraft?
Collecting stamps?
Being a tree hugger?
Knitting?
Being a Youtuber?
I believe everybody should be passionate about something.
Even if it's geeky :D

2 comments:
i was laying down reading this while olding the computer up in the air
but now i at right up to say
that i genuinely, adamantly think that pokemon is cool and i truly believe that you think so too.
gundam is literally not. cool.
and naruto is lietarlly. not. cool.
GAHBO! COOL UP SO I CAN PUBLICLY BE YOUR FREND!
There are so many things.
Let's go w/ LOST geek for now. I'm still having trouble getting over the fact that after tomorrow, then the 2 last eps of Season 6 that will be on...Sunday or Monday, it will be over. I love that the narrative gets its viewers to speculate what will happen, what it means for the characters, and what the writers intended. It's also just crazy, fantastic fun.
Post a Comment