I don't always have the money to buy what's in but my style sense is still better than most -- I work with what I've got.
I really believe that fashion is becoming more and more hideous when you really boil it down and analyse it properly -- but it still works! There are A LOT of well dressed girls in Sheffield and it's major pressure.
Army/combat boots on girls -- How ugly and unfeminine. How did it go from pretty dolly pumps to this!? But it works.
Floral -- So people used to make the jokes, "Your dress looks like my grandmother's curtains." But that's actually in now ...
What's worse than the 2 examples above, is combining them both together! But it's happening right? And it works.
Calf high boots -- if you think about it, the image of calf high boots is actually really dorky. Typically, it's either suppose to be knee high sexy boots or dolly shoes to show off as much of your legs as possible but never in between. But somehow it's made it through and with the correct shape legs, yes, it's pretty fierce.
Again, the image of skinny jeans with plimsoll shoes or those flat leather shoes
(Click this if you don't know what I'm talking about.
-- it's really dorky; it's only meant to be worn by skinny, dorky people but now it's called being indie and quirky.
Oversized tops -- what ever happened to showing off your figure? Is looking frumpy in now? If you have the correct figure yes; the flowy, oversized, 'this shirt is way too big for me' look is pretty hot.
Leggings and black tights -- I used to have to get forced to wear them by my mum! Now I can't get out of them. Even combining black tights with cons or plimsolls -- again, dork alert! But really cute.
So it's no longer about looking clean, sophisticated and polished like Victoria Beckham
but looking like a dorky mess.
Does that mean it's getting easier to look stylish or is it getting even more difficult because you still have to be able to pull it off?

No comments:
Post a Comment