Wednesday, 6 October 2010

What the music I listen to, means to me.

It's got nothing to do with the lyrics so don't try and decode some secret, hidden, deep and meaningful message behind it.
These are just songs that remind me of very specific times, places and people simply because of a 'right place right time' arrangement.


Katy Perry - California Girls.
Reminds me of when I first landed in America in Charlotte, North Carolina airport and I was BUZZING and SO happy and excited.

Katy Perry - Teenage Dreams.
Reminds me of Denver. Specifically, how happy I was when I landed in Denver International Airport and I was on the bus going back to Stephen's house, contemplating on how my last few days in America were going to be.

Lenka - Trouble Is A Friend.
Reminds me of my Canadian friend Ian, one of the most influencial young adults I've ever known and my closest friend in China while he was there for first semester.

Nelly Furtado - Promiscuous Girl.
Reminds me of my 2 pathetic years in college/A-Level studies.

Kylie Minogue - On A Night Like This.
Reminds me of driving around in a taxi in Hong Kong at night and thinking about a cousin who I really liked ... I know it's pretty disgusting isn't it.

Shakira - Waka Waka.
Obviously reminds me of the 2010 World Cup but also some of my most enjoyable days in Nanjing.

Rihanna - Rude Boy.
Reminds me of my wildest partying days in China.

Metro Station - Shake It.
Reminds me of my nice, chillaxed summer before going to university.

Owl City - Fireflies, Hello Seattle, Tip Of The Iceberg, The Saltwater Room, Hot Air Balloon.
All remind me of a friend Curtis, who I met in Nanjing, mainly because he introduced me to Owl City and now Adam Young is one of my favourite artists.

Katy Perry - Hot N Cold.
Reminds me of Stephen's first Korea Youtube video. And how fun and interesting he is =)


And after all that, I still can't think of a song that reminds me of Ralphie ahaha! Oops!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HI! my name's martina and I come from Italy...I would like you visit my blog and if you want...follow me!
I wait you and your tips!^^