I've been encouraged to look at the news more by 2 certain people.
One being my mother.
One being someone who convicted me by asking if I ever actually check the news or do I just religiously check LOLCats, Fail Blog, FML everyday. And PostSecret every Sunday.
This is sadly true so I had no excuse.
Although I don't have a TV at university, I still got the internet. Duh.
Today's top story really struck me.
The one about the French plane that was flying from Brazil to France going completely missing over the Atlantic.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8076848.stm
It was carrying 228 people.
Sure that's nowhere near the amount of people who died at 9/11.
Nor the tsunamis. And everything that happens in the middle east.
But that's STILL 228 lives that are very likely gone.
Someone has lost a dad or mum, sister, brother, cousin, son, daughter, fiance, wife, husband ... whatever. You get the idea.
One being someone who convicted me by asking if I ever actually check the news or do I just religiously check LOLCats, Fail Blog, FML everyday. And PostSecret every Sunday.
This is sadly true so I had no excuse.
Although I don't have a TV at university, I still got the internet. Duh.
Today's top story really struck me.
The one about the French plane that was flying from Brazil to France going completely missing over the Atlantic.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8076848.stm
It was carrying 228 people.
Sure that's nowhere near the amount of people who died at 9/11.
Nor the tsunamis. And everything that happens in the middle east.
But that's STILL 228 lives that are very likely gone.
Someone has lost a dad or mum, sister, brother, cousin, son, daughter, fiance, wife, husband ... whatever. You get the idea.
(2 people waiting for news from Air France airliner)I was seriously so heart broken when I read this.
Imagine, you're waiting at the airport waiting to pick up your friend or a relative at arrival and suddenly you're just told, with hardly any other additional information, that their plane has gone missing, you're not going to be picking them up and their chance of survival is almost impossible.
Then I thought. "That could've happened to me when I went to Australia."
Ralphie could've been waiting at arrivals for me forever.
I never would've been able to fly back home to tell my mum and dad the amazing time I had ...
Then I thought. "That could've happened to me when I went to Australia."
Ralphie could've been waiting at arrivals for me forever.
I never would've been able to fly back home to tell my mum and dad the amazing time I had ...
I think it's time I stop hiding behind my laptop and open my eyes to see that these tragic things can and DO happen in real life.
And be thankful for everyday that do I wake up breathing and knowing that God sustains every tiny thing in this world and in my life.
And be thankful for everyday that do I wake up breathing and knowing that God sustains every tiny thing in this world and in my life.
1 comment:
That is truly heartbreaking. My prayers are with those families. Sigh, another sign/motivation to be greatful for the things you have and the people in your life
Post a Comment